Camping…sort of

This weekend we were given the opportunity to go camping at Cages Bend Campground near Hendersonville, TN.  Jerry and Peggy drove his RV down to a nice campsite right on the lake.  They set it up, and got everything ready for us.  They even had firewood left for us and waters in the fridge.  When we left, we packed up our stuff and left the RV just as we found it.  All the grunt work was done for us- you know, the part of camping that nobody likes.  They really made it easy for us, and we appreciate all they did to make us have a great weekend.  Thanks guys!

We headed down on Friday after Chad got home from work.  We didn’t go to the grocery before, so we planned to go when we got down there.  The site was really nice.  It was pretty and clean and very spacious.  The RV was nice too.  We basically dropped our stuff off and headed into town (which was only 5 miles from the campground).  At this point, we were already hungry and didn’t want to wait or mess with cooking anything, so we went out to dinner at Demos’.  Yum!  Then, we went to the grocery store and picked up a few items (stuff to make sandwiches, stuff to make smores, breakfast bars, bananas, wet wipes, and bug spray).  We made smores when we got back to the site, but that was pretty much it.  I was pooped and I went straight to sleep.

The next morning, we slept in a little.  Chad didn’t sleep well in that bed.  We got up, ate breakfast, and ran a lap around the campground.  Next, we sat out in our chairs by the lake and went through some of a study we have been doing together.  It’s called, “Before You Say I Do.”  Needless to say, we’ve been working on it for a while.  We only got 2 chapters done before we got married, but we thought it was such a good study that we wanted to continue with it.  We ate lunch and played a new game that we got called electronic A to Z.  It’s pretty fun.  It’s a good little game to play with just 2 people.  Although we didn’t do much, we were kind of tired so we took a nap.  I slept in a chair out in the sun and Chad slept in the air conditioned motor home with the tv on.  After our nap, we showered and got ready for dinner.  We didn’t have anything to cook, so we met Jerry and Peggy for dinner at a Mexican restaurant.  Then, they showed us around the area as we looked at million+ dollar homes.  They came back to camp with us to have smores, and when they left, Chad and I played Phase 10.  It’s a long game, but it goes by a lot quicker when you only have 2 people.  We packed up some and went to bed.

The next morning, we woke up earlier than planned, so we did a little more of our marriage study and then got ready for church.  We went to church with Jerry and Peggy instead of trying to make it back in time for Living Hope.  Finally, we headed home.  Chad had a migraine and felt really bad, so we didn’t stick around.  He was kind enough to let me stop at Quiznos on the way home.  I love that place and we don’t have one in Bowling Green anymore.  Chad is feeling much better now.  He got a nap and was able to go to choir and play volleyball tonight.  We had a great weekend, and we hope to go camping again soon.  Maybe next time we will “rough it” a little more.  We don’t want our tent and sleeping bags to go to waste.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *